Wednesday, July 25, 2007

NoHo Education .01 ( mine )

.
.

NORTH HOLLYWOOD
EDUCATION.01
By Louis Elovitz
Digital Journalist


















No WOOLWORTH's,
No Weatherby Kaiser
No SEE's
but YES, new MIDDLE SCHOOL
also in Noho
new ELEMENTARY minus LAPD
and new HIGH SCHOOL with pool (above)

I went to school in North Hollywood.
Elementary School was VICTORY BLVD
Those long not days on that asphalt playground.
I even saw the U-2 SPy Planes fly over, they
being manufactured at Lockheed in Burbank.

WALTER REED was my junior high, we call it
Middle School now, when I was there
we called it prison. The older kids joked about
the 'pool on the auditorium". The boys VP got
us all together in the auditorium in 9th grade
and said, 'Never Come Back Here!".
I obliged.

High School was NORTH HOLLYWOOD HUSKIES.
At the football games the cheer was

"Push Em Back,
Push Em Back, PUSH EM BACK TO THE
RAILROAD TRACK",

that being Chandler Blvd
Railroad Corridor. (now busway)



No comments: