Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Chandler NoHo ArtWalk

.
.
CHANDLER BOULEVARD WORKOUT
By Louis Elovitz
Digital Journalist























The Railroad Right of Way east to west in the
San Fernando Valley has been Chandler Blvd.
I know the RED CAR rode it's rails and I myself
remember freight trains moving though it.

Gone are the RED CARS, gone are the freight trains.
Hello METRO Subway Station. Now, going to the west
is the Orange Line, a concrete busway with futuristic vehicles.+


buses old
and new



Buswise, I remember sitting on noisy hot tin can buses,
that was when I was young in the late 50's.
Don't get me wrong, I loved those buses,
and the RED CARS that still were running
from Downtown to Long Beach.



pacific electric red car




Going towards Burbank this Railway Right of Way
has been turned into a community event.
Families walking, skaters, bicyclers, dogs...





Burbank











Walkways, flowers, grass, benches
all line this form trainway.




If you go to the east most portion
it stops a block before Victory Blvd.
and you can still see a
stretch of the old Railroad.


NOHO ART WALKWAY COMPLETION

I am happy to announce that Noho has just finished
our addition continuing the same
Bike and Pedestrian Way
from Vineland east to Clyborn
at the Burbank city line.





Noho

























Many of the warehouses and
businesses that line the tracks in Noho have various art
painted on the building sides that used to face the tracks,
and they now line this new community walk/bikeway.















(clic2∆enlargepicz)

No comments: